Wednesday 8 June 2011

Instant decisions

I began to justify my use of music - which I have outlined throughout my blog posts - but it fell on deaf ears. Sean had decided that the use of headphones would be a preferable way to present my film. I was stunned.  Throughout all the previous group crits, informal discussions, tutorials and emails, there had never been mention of headphones to present the film. I asked if I could think about it. Sean said that until this 'problem' was solved I could not sign off my work- the 1.00pm deadline had already passed. Feeling totally intimidated and pressured, I conceded to headphones. Sean then asked me how I wanted to present them. A pedestal? a hook? I had taken months over decisions regarding the engagement of the viewer with my work, now I was expected to make instant decisions about something I had never even considered before. The other three students left the studio, then Sean made his exit. I was left there in stunned silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment